Pages

Wednesday, 16 December 2015

The Beauty of Life

“And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom”

Sometimes I sit and I wonder if anyone really knows me, if anyone really gets me. Is there anyone on this planet who carries a part of me with them wherever they go? I don’t think so. And sometimes that hurts, sometimes that makes me feel lonelier than I could ever tell you. But then I realise that someone does know me. I know me. And I’ve learned that sometimes that’s enough.

It’s okay to love yourself. It’s okay to be your own best friend, it’s okay to allow yourself to explore who you are, on your own. It’s okay.

I think everyone’s searching for someone to share their lives with, to share their self with, and I think that a lot of people hide behind protective walls. It’s funny how it’s those same walls that are binding us to ourselves, we’re all wearing masks to avoid getting hurt but if we don’t remove those masks, and break down those walls then we can miss out on so much.

Maybe the thing to do is to break down the walls and the barriers for yourself first. Allow yourself to feel, allow yourself to get to know who you are. If you’re happy, allow yourself to feel and revel in that happiness, even if it’s just for a second. If you’re sad, allow yourself to be sad but know that you don’t have to stay in that place.

That’s the beauty of life. It’s ever changing. And with every day you’re still on this planet, you grow that little bit stronger, that little bit smarter; a new facet of your being develops. There’s so much of you left to know. And one day, seemingly the same as the last, your life will collide with another, and you can find yourselves together. And, I don’t know, I think the possibility of that, makes the lonely moments bearable.

There comes a day when you realise that the risk it takes to blossom may be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment